Routers play an important role in setting up a range extender and configuration of Netgear Genie app. But the first thing you have to keep in mind is to update your router timely and perform following steps to reset your Netgear router. This process will be helpful for you in future when you will perform the task of Netgear Extender Setup via mywifiext
Reset your Netgear Router to its Default Settings
- Trace or Locate the Reset Button
You will find the factory reset button on the back of your device. Skip this process if your device is overheated. In order to avoid accidental reset, place your router in an open, airy, clean, and dry place. After that, insert a paper clip into the factory reset hole. Hold the button for about 15 seconds. Once the power lights on the device begin to blink, release the button. Your Netgear router will automatically get rebooted.
If you are facing issues to reset your Netgear router, then call us on toll-free number 1-888-927-2661 and get instant solution to all your problems.
Setup your Netgear Router using Smart Wizard
- Only use the latest firmware of modem and connect it with your Netgear router.
- After that, you have to connect your computer to the internet port of the router with help of an Ethernet cable.
- Unplug all the devices from the electric wall socket.
- After ten minutes, plug them back again and wait until they boot up completely.
- Launch a web browser and type the default IP address of your device in the URL bar and press ‘enter’.
- Type the default login credentials in order to log into the router.
- In case the default username and password aren’t working, then there are chances that you might have changed them. Try login again from those default credentials that are created by you. If you didn’t remember them, then a factory reset will be needed to restore the router and its settings.
- Once you have reset your router, log in again from the different web browser and click ‘setup wizard’.
- When the ‘setup wizard’ screen displays, click ‘yes’ and after that ‘next’. It will automatically detect the type of the currently active internet connection.
- The ‘setup wizard’ detects the ‘dynamic IP’ for cable internet connections.
- Click ‘next’ to save the settings.
Do not change the default settings unless mywifiext.ca gave you a specific DNS information that is supposed to be configured. For more information, immediately call our tech support team.
Mywifiext.net: Netgear Extender Setup
Why people switch to range extenders? Because they know that routers aren’t enough to spread the internet range to far corners of the house. For its setup, you just have to use the latest Netgear Extender Firmware and apply the following steps.
- Consider using the latest firmware of modem and the router and connect them both with the help of an Ethernet cable.
- Unbox your range extender.
- Plug it into the power outlet.
- When you see blinking LED lights on your device, consider connecting your laptop or computer with it.
- After that, you are supposed to launch a web browser and type mywifiext into the space of URL bar. If it doesn’t work, try login via 168.1.250. This is known as the default IP address of the range extender.
If you are facing error issues for mywifiext.net login, failed to configure your range extender, or having trouble while setting and resetting your router, then it is strictly recommended without wasting more time grab your phone and contact us immediately. We are eagerly waiting to help you.